- She army crawls with a speed and strength that is quite impressive.
- She has learned how to get up on her knees in her crib. She moves to the end near her door and lets me know that she’s ready to get up.
- Whenever she hears the phrase, “Good job,” she erupts into applause. We took the girls to a bubble show at a museum, and everyone was clapping. She looked around and knew she had found her crowd…they all knew her trick! She joined right in.
- On Saturday, she started waving “hi,” “goodbye,” and “goodnight.” She smiles proudly while she does it.
- Today, she began signing for the first time. She signed “more” when she wanted more food, more time on Emma’s rocking horse, and more peek-a-boo from Daddy. She seemed to enjoy her newfound ability to communicate her desires with us.
Some of Emma’s Sweet Sayings This Week:
- Lily’s been wriggling out of my arms lately, wanting to be on the go. The other day, I called her “my squirmy little monkey,” and Emma thought it was really fun. Now, I hear her regularly saying to her sister in a sweet, affectionate little voice, “Come here, squirmy little monkey.”
- When Emma got up the other morning, we both heard Lily waking up. Lily was crying and then she stopped. Emma said, “She’s falling asleep.” Then, Lily cried out again, and Emma said, “She’s falling awake.” As Lily alternated between cries and silence, Emma continued to give a running commentary, “She’s falling asleep. She’s falling awake.”
- Yesterday, my parents were over seeing the girls. When Emma went down for a nap, I told her that she could look at books quietly if she wasn’t tired enough to sleep. Grandpa told her he was going to take a nap, too. When I went in to get her up, she said, “I read really, really quietly, Mommy, so Grandpa could sleep.”
- Tonight, as I was making Taco Pie for dinner, Emma said, “It makes me feel happy when you make that. It makes me feel very, very happy.” She makes cooking fun…such an appreciative audience!
It's amazing how sweet little nothings can turn my average day from nothing memorable to something special.
No comments:
Post a Comment