Monday, January 4, 2010
A Blog is Born
I have decided to start keeping better records of the fleeting moments of my children’s childhood. Yes, this blog is being born of guilt, of my concern that sometime in the future my kids will look back and somehow feel let down that I didn’t keep better records of their cutest, funniest, even most challenging moments. But it is also being born of love, as I know that as much as my husband and I delight in sharing late night stories of two-year-old talents or seven-month-old sweetness, those moments will be all the more valuable someday when we look back and have time to relish the talents without the tantrum-induced tiredness and the sweetness sans the squash-colored spit-up. We are also blessed that we aren’t the only two that find our precious girls priceless, so I want to share with friends and family far and near the moments that will someday be memories. So, today, I give birth…it’s a blog! It might be fun or not so funny, philosophical or on the surface, long diatribes or quick one liners. Just like my children, it will probably change with time and I’m not quite sure what its personality will be, but I look forward to finding out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Amy! Great idea to keep a blog. I have been so grateful for my blog, although I have been falling behind on the posts. Moments that I never thought I would forget would have been forgotten if not for the blog. Have fun keeping track of your daughters' moments.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to finding out too. Be careful, blogs are addicting ;)
ReplyDelete