Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Gorgeous Day






Today was Lily Rebecca's first birthday party, and we had a fantastic time watching her eat and decorate herself with cake and frosting. There was definitely a need for a bath in the transition time between cake and presents. It was everything I hoped for in a first birthday party...she was surrounded by people who love her, she created memories for each of us which we photographed to share with her someday, and she seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself and her party. The day was definitely focused on Lily, but Emma was so incredibly excited for her sister's birthday party that she could barely contain herself, jumping up and down and telling everyone the order of events. As the party was winding down, I noticed that in her excitement Emma had been experimenting with calling her grandparents by their first names. I decided to talk with her about this: Emma to Grandma: Becky? Me to Emma: Emma, you call her Grandma. Who calls her Becky? Emma: Grandpa Me: Right, but you call her Grandma. What does Daddy call me? Emma: Gorgeous.  I think she might have a future in politics. :-) I couldn't even finish the lesson on how she calls me Mommy rather than my first name. I was too busy smiling. Little ears are always listening...it's especially wonderful when they catch us at our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment