We had a wonderful time celebrating Easter and hosting my whole family and Conant's parents for an egg hunt and meal.
While we had company, Lily had several nights where she struggled to stay in her big girl bed, but now she is back on track and adorable in it, snuggling with her doll and her SleepSacks, which she uses like blankets. She has also started to read me parts of Goodnight Moon and sing me the ”Thank You God for Lily” song that I sing her each night.
Emma got her first big girl bike yesterday. She is extremely determined to learn how to ride and is practicing at every opportunity. I am proud of how hard she is working to accomplish her goal. She was inspired to learn when she saw her preschool classmates confidently riding their bikes (with training wheels) at a party on Friday. She also continues to do a terrific job at putting away all of her laundry, clearing her dishes, and reminding us of each step of our routine if we forget.
Though it rained so much in April that we thought we’d float away, the girls continued to be sunshine, and I can say that now especially after my wonderful hubby played with them and cleaned the house while I had a luxurious Saturday afternoon going to lunch and a movie with friends. I tend to forgot how reviving it is to have some “me” time until I get it. Everything seems lighter and happier now, and I bring so much more joy to my mothering.
It’s been a busy month but a good one, and today I am enjoying my last day as a mother to a one-year-old. I am savoring every moment, and she made sure that I got a few extra by waking up an hour early this morning. With a smile like hers, kisses planted firmly on my cheek, and my newly revived perspective on life, I am able to smile even as I want to freeze the moment for a minute: a proud four-year-old learning a new skill, a sweet one-year-old with such affection and adoration for her mommy, and a hubby who knows that the way to this woman’s heart is to be a loving daddy that leaves the house cleaner than when I left it. I am truly blessed.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Freeze the Moment
It’s been an exciting and busy past month, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I’m just going to give the highlights of some memories we made:
We had an incredible time enjoying my parents’ farm. The girls got to feed a baby calf, plant onions in the garden, and fly a kite for the first time.
The girls enjoyed their time with Conant’s parents. They had lots of stories read to them and were proud to show Nainai and Yehyeh their rooms, their toys, and their sweet personalities. We even spent some time with my parents, and it was fun to see so much love in one room, all directed toward the girls. With two parents and four grandparents that adore them, there was no shortage of attention or affection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment